Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. Running a restaurant is tough. It takes guts and determination to be in this business. It takes a love of the rush, a commitment to the any-time shift, and a knack for making magic from the chaos. Toast was built to make a restaurant work a little easier. The Toast platform helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. As we look to expand globally we are looking for a Founding outside sales Account Executive to help us grow in Vancouver!
- 4,500+ employees in 5 countries (US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and India)
- 79,000+ restaurants live
- Experiencing rapid growth at scale
- $110b Global addressable TAM
As a Founding Account Executive, you will be an early member of our Vancouver team that is transforming the way restaurants operate locally. Using a consultative approach, you will prospect, build relationships, and sign up new restaurateurs in your local area. By understanding their unique needs, you will develop a customized solution that helps their business thrive. We need your passion and sales expertise to help us build the Toast brand in your geographic territory.
This is a field sales opportunity. Candidates must live local to territory or be willing to relocate.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with restaurants
- Proactively maintaining communication channels with restaurant decision makers via email, phone, and in person
- Own and lead your own territory – managing the entire sales cycle from initial contact to agreement
- Conduct demos and develop a solution that best meets the restaurants critical needs
- Leverage Salesforce (our CRM) to manage all sales activities
- Be the voice of the customer and share valuable feedback with our team
- Understand the competitive landscape and determine how to best position Toast in the market
- Form strong partnerships with cross functional teams such as product, marketing and operations to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in delivery
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills with the ability to sell and negotiate at all decision-making levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into various types of local businesses, with evidence of success preferred
- Up to date on the latest restaurant industry trends; knowledge of restaurant operations is a plus
- 2-5 years+ sales or business development experience preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development programs
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Extended medical, dental, & vision cover
- Paid parental leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Retirement savings (RRSP) matching – Coming soon!
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].