Running a restaurant is tough. It takes guts and determination to be in this business. It takes a love of the rush, a commitment to the any-time shift, and a knack for making magic from the chaos. Toast was built to make a restaurant work a little easier. The Toast platform helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. As we look to expand globally we are looking for a Founding Account Executive to help us grow in London!
- 3,500+ employees in 5 countries (US, Ireland, UK, India and Canada)
- 57,000+ restaurants live
- Experiencing rapid growth at scale
- $110bn Global TAM
As a Founding Account Executive, you will be an early member of our London team that is transforming the way restaurants operate locally. Using a consultative approach, you will prospect, build relationships, and sign up new restaurateurs in your local area. By understanding their unique needs, you will develop a customized solution that helps their business thrive. We need your passion and sales expertise to help us build the Toast brand in your geographic territory.
About this roll*:
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with restaurants
- Proactively maintaining communication channels with restaurant decision makers via email, phone, and in person
- Own and lead your own territory – managing the entire sales cycle from initial contact to agreement
- Conduct demos and develop a solution that best meets the restaurants critical needs
- Leverage Salesforce (our CRM) to manage all sales activities
- Be the voice of the customer and share valuable feedback with our team
- Understand the competitive landscape and determine how to best position Toast in the market
- Form strong partnerships with cross functional teams such as product, marketing and operations to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in delivery
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills with the ability to sell and negotiate at all decision-making levels
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into various types of local businesses, with evidence of success preferred
- Up to date on the latest restaurant industry trends; knowledge of restaurant operations is a plus
- 2-5 years+ sales or business development experience preferred
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health Benefits
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Group Personal Pension
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.