Location: Flexible (Bucharest) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro is seeking entry level engineers to work on the software application stack for library updates and patches for security vulnerabilities to ensure that the technology stack is up to date and secure. The ideal candidate will work with other teams to prioritize the list of updates to be made to the technology stack, test the changes to ensure that they build and pass the automated test suite and escalate any issues that they find after applying the patches. The candidate will be expected to work with distributed teams across time zones.
What You Will Do
- Assess reports for security vulnerabilities and patch updates for third party libraries
- Update code base with patches for the above reports
- Run tests to ensure that the patches don’t cause any regression
- Enhance/add tests to the existing automation suite when necessary
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Curiosity about new technologies and ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Programming skills in Ruby or GoLang
- Knowledge of patch management lifecycle
Why Work With Us?
- Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
- Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
- Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Gym fee compensation / LiveHealthy Wellness Program
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer