Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Payments Commercialization Lead, you focus on Toast’s payments processing strategy and optimization as a business partner to the Go To Market, Customer Success, and Product teams. You will be responsible for supporting and executing cross-functional strategic initiatives and project management across a variety of stakeholders. This is an individual contributor role.
About you: You love solving complex problems. You are motivated to bring new products and services to market. You are calm under pressure. You are excited to innovate the fintech industry and help restaurants grow their revenues. You love to run on your own but don’t hesitate to ask for help when you’ve hit a wall. You are a pleasure to work with and you love working with others. You balance the qual with the quant. You have experience in Payment Processing and FinTech- you know the difference between flat rate and interchange plus, you understand the different card networks, and you have exposure to various pricing strategies and operational processes.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design/support and execute top priority payments strategic initiatives as a business partner to the Go to Market and Customer Success teams; working also with Operations, Product Marketing, R&D, Customer Success, Business Intelligence, Finance
- Drive successful outcomes for commercial aspects of strategic initiatives taking into consideration market research, data analysis, competitive intelligence, and customer experience
- Responsible for project management/planning, market/competitor research, data analysis, output creation, and presentations
- Build and implement a superior customer experience by identifying and uncovering opportunities to delight
- Build Toast Payments expertise and keep a pulse on the Payments industry and ecosystem
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong understanding of Payment Processing and FinTech
- Knowledge and experience of Commercial Payments, the broader B2B payments market
- Fintech, Investment banking, or Management Consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Strong time management, organizational, and relationship skills
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex sets of data and understand payment pricing, rate cards, and interchange. Has had prior exposure to payments pricing methodologies and strategies
- Ability to design and lead cross-functional initiatives simultaneously, working across multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience and/or solid understanding of the payment processing industry is a plus, maybe you have worked on payments pricing, processing or product in a past role , but not required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.