Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for our next Payroll Operations Specialist to help support our Payroll and Team Management business solution. The ideal candidate will ensure timely communication and resolution of all banking related matters. This role will be responsible for maintaining up to date client banking profiles to ensure a smooth client experience. A successful candidate will have great communication and critical thinking skills. This is a hybrid position with an ability to go into the office in downtown Chicago at least once per week.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Maintains ACH returns and initiates transactional resolution for each item
- Initiates stop payments, reversals, deletions and any other one-off banking items
- Reconciles ACH files to confirm that client payroll deposits are processed timely
- Research everyday banking notifications on behalf of clients
- Interacts with client directly regarding banking inquiries
- Assists in auditing printed payrolls
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Actively communicate with clients and coworkers
- Ability to adapt to change and varying job responsibilities
- Effectively manage time and self-start projects
- Prior experience in a customer service role
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working with sensitive/confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.