We are a team of 17 professionals who bring expertise from all HR disciplines to Omio – People Operations and Administration, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and the People/Business Partnering. We work in partnership and thrive on teamwork, collaboration, and mutual support. Change management and adapting to shifting business landscapes do not faze us and we work hard to create an amazing employee experience for our colleagues. If you want to meet our team and make Omio the home for your HR career, read more below and reach out.
Do you love administration? Are you great at working with people? Are you eager to take the operations to the next level? Can you cope with change and juggle a varying workload? Then you are the Person we are looking for. In your role, you will be the first point of contact in the People Team for Omio employees and external partners. When they reach out with a sensitive query, they’ll reach out to you. You will bring the know-how and the in-depth knowledge to take care of the processes and to grant the best support to our employees. You will focus on general administration inclusive systems while also developing the skills and competencies needed to progress in your People Operations career. We are looking for a hands-on person, happy to be in our Berlin Headquarter office at least two days per week, who wants to shape Omio’s future with us.
The day to day work includes the execution of people processes automation as well as lots of improvements to people projects such as onboarding, visa & relocation and the development of our new HR Management System Workday.
The Main Responsibilities
- Employee satisfaction and engagement are key to our success. This should be close to your heart and you are eager to actively help to shape this.
- You will work ‘hand in glove’ with the People Partners, ensuring smooth and timely execution of tasks and support for their relevant stakeholders
- Provide advice and support to our employees on all people operations-related topics pertaining to the employee life cycle (e.g. parental leave, administration, aspects of employee relations, visa & relocation, Onboarding, and Offboarding)
- Support the full spectrum of operational people topics to help create a great employee experience and make Omio a destination employer in the travel industry. In particular, you will focus on:
- Onboarding of new employees including visa and relocation support, preparing contracts of employment, work among hiring managers and IT for arranging equipment and access, deliver onboarding session twice a month, and creating employee files on Google drive and HR Management System Workday
- Administration for all our entities (Germany, UK, Spain, Czech Republic, France) with a particular focus on our German entity including preparing employee terms and condition change letters, maternity & parental leave and return letters, sabbatical leave agreements, professional training agreements, leaver’s reference letters, etc
- Onboard Freelance and Employer of Record workers and support them through their Omio journey
- Acting as the liaison between Omio and authorities, social security funds, and health insurance
- Maintaining and updating our HR Management System Workday as well as employee paper files
- Pulling system reports and creating statistics on people data
- Grant an excellent collaboration with our internal stakeholders (e. g. Legal and Finance Team)
- In addition, there are exciting projects waiting for you too! There will be on-the-job learning opportunities for you and we are very much open and supportive of in-house career development moves.
What You Bring to the Team
- 3-5 years of experience in an operational role in Human Resources, preferably within a startup or medium-sized business
- Degree or “Ausbildung” in a related field
- You have a good understanding of employment bureaucracy, including topics such as parental leave, administration, employment and German employment law
- International work experience (UK, Czech Republic, Spain) is highly desirable
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys owning projects, delivering on commitments, and contributing to process optimisation
- You are friendly and customer-oriented in your approach and bring an extraordinary service attitude and a team-working mindset to the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication, admin, planning, organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and practically, combined with ‘’can-do’’ attitude
- Ability to work in a flexible and adaptable manner, think outside of the box, and deal with confidential information sensitively and appropriately
- Integrity, trustworthiness, and transparency are in your DNA
- Organising personal data and processes in HR Tool is part of your expertise and passion
- Experience with Workday is highly desirable
- You are proficient in German and English
What’s in it for you? #LifeAtOmio
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- A competitive and attractive compensation package
- Subsidized Urban Sports Club membership
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities
Diversity makes us stronger
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age or disability.
Intrigued? Apply here in English or German.