The People Operations Specialist provides support and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the People Team in Romania, UK and Germany. They are the first point of contact for employee inquiries regarding a range of programs and initiatives.
The People Operations Specialist is highly engaged and must provide superior internal and external customer service, produce quality work, and maintain an atmosphere of teamwork, collaboration, and continuous improvement. The People Operations Specialist can handle on-going operational needs and do a deep dive into specialized projects. You will be responsible for People Operations initiatives to address organizational needs, and documentation of relevant guidelines for the team and broader organization.
What You Will Do:
- Own New Hire Orientation and weekly onboarding processes for assigned locations
- Responsible for the new hire employee experience. Work cross functionally with recruiting, IT, WPS, payroll, and hiring managers to ensure the successful onboarding of employees in Romania, UK, and Germany
- Maintain the HRIS system and employee database and update employee information including the processing of employee status changes, salary changes, transfers, promotions, terminations, and leave of absence
- Provide guidance to the HR Business Partners on internal people operation processes for employees
- Prepare documents for new hires, terminations, and other employment changes
- Partner closely with GoPro payroll team and local payroll providers to audit and provide information for monthly payroll processing
- Manage employee vacation balances, reporting for lunch vouchers, health&life insurance, and other internal projects
- Partner with the Benefits& Wellness team, external benefits brokers and payroll team to administrate employee benefits and create on-brand monthly communications for employees
- Maintain compliance with local occupational health requirements
- Create POs, submit invoices, and obtain contract approvals through Finance and Legal systems
- Coordinate and assist with company-wide People Operations programs and special projects
- Act as a role model on employee engagement and roll out of company-wide initiatives
- Resolve routine HR requests and escalate as needed
- Assist in development and documentation of processes, procedures, and policies for Romania, Germany and United Kingdom
Skills We’re Excited About:
- 2-5 years previous experience in a complex, fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles in Romania (experience working in UK, Germany or other EMEA countries also a plus!)
- Essential technical skills: HRIS (preferably Workday), Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to gracefully handle competing priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to create simple, sustainable and organized processes
- Outstanding follow-through, self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor with a high regard for confidentiality
- Excellent writing skills and ability to make updates and changes as needed
- Strong time management skills and ability to make judgment calls
- Work well in a highly collaborative environment and open to give and receive feedback
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish strong relationships within all levels of an organization
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive salary
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.