At Omio, we take a unique approach to travel. Our pioneering search platform provides a seamless way to find and book the fastest, cheapest and best travel options by train, bus, flight and ferries to thousands of cities, towns and villages across Europe, the United States and Canada. That translates not only into financial savings for you but also means you have more time on your hands to enjoy your travel experiences! We are a founder-led business and our amazing CEO, Naren Shaam, is as passionate about Omio as he was on day one.
Work in partnership with other subject matter experts in the People team to enable a smooth-running of the Employee lifecycle: seamless onboarding, employee first-point-of-contact and offboarding. Create a five-star employee experience through the maintenance of accurate employee data and the meeting of legal obligations.
NOTE: the role is Berlin based with hybrid work mode
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Function, lead of People Operations team across Europe (DE, UK, FR, ESP, IT, CZ, with Germany being the HQ), enabling team members to deliver , onboarding, off-boarding, payroll, contract changes, leavers, HRIS ad-hoc projects and all other processes associated with the employee life cycle
- Build a world-class HR operations function for all Omio offices by monitoring and improving processes and KPIs with a focus on service excellence and innovation, delivering solutions that support business objectives as well as streamlining and embedding processes
- Monitor user queries to ensure timely resolution; provide and support the full spectrum of operational People topics with the focus on a great experience for our employees
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders in other business teams, with a particular focus on Finance, Legal, HRBPs and other People team members
- Drive high engagement and performance in the People Operations team while creating learning and growth opportunities.
- A calm, mature and engaging Team Leader with a track record of leading a team to success.
- An experienced HR professional (10+ years of experience in a similar role) who feels comfortable working in an international, multi-country, and fast-paced start-up to scale-up environment
- Expertise in HR systems, German employment law (the majority of our employees are in Berlin), employee relations, compliance, and HR processes
- Can-do attitude; ready to roll up their sleeves and work alongside a team of experienced People Operations Advisors rather than directing from the sideline
- Experience of working with Workday HRIS (or similarly complex systems like SAP or Oracle) highly desirable
- Has a history of finding scalable, automated solutions for critical business challenges
- Ability to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders in a constructive manner to meet shared objectives
- Works data-driven, acquiring data from multiple sources, analyzing it, communicating findings, and using those findings to inform decision-making
- Fluency in both German and English languages; a further language of advantage
Hiring process and background checks
At Omio, we work in partnership with Giant Screening, once a job offer has been accepted, Giant will be engaged to carry out background screening. Giant will reach out to you via email and occasionally via telephone/text message so that they can gather all relevant information required. Consent will be requested prior to any information being passed to our services company.
What’s in it for you? #LifeAtOmio
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you, too, can have an impact on this journey
- A competitive and attractive compensation package
- Remote and flexible working including up to six weeks per year working from anywhere, a day off on your birthday, paid sabbatical after five years’ of service
- Opportunities to grow in your career
- Subsidized Urban Sports Club membership for Berlin-based colleagues
- A diverse team of more than 45 nationalities
Diversity Makes Us Stronger
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, or disability.
Intrigued? Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you.