Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of People Success, you will be a business partner to Customer Success, primarily to the Customer Care organization with secondary support to People projects that cut across all of Customer Success. Partnering directly with managers, the ideal candidate will bring strong functional human resources expertise, business acumen, consultative skills, and customer service orientation to advance employee engagement and performance, management capability, and efficient people process. The person in this role should have proven experience working through employee relations, coaching managers and implementing people processes’. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business and People teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Provide partnership and mentorship to people managers and employees to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent
- Collaborate with all areas of the People organization to deliver an aligned, effective people-centric approach to your partner organizations
- Lead and provide guidance on employee relations matters and partner with the Employee Relations team on investigations
- Ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner
- Partner with fellow PSP on the development and execution of talent management processes such as quarterly and annual performance and talent reviews, and engagement exercises in partnership with business leadership and the broader People Success team
- Work closely with management teams and leveraging people trends, insights, and data to drive programs that develop their workforce to achieve its goals while improving the overall employee experience
- Able to work onsite in our Omaha Office
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years in an HRBP role
- Proven ability to coach and partner with leadership
- Strong experience working through employee relations situations and coaching managers
- Strong experience in performance management and people strategy
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Experience working with non-exempt and/or customer support focused workforce
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry is a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].