Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding software engineer with 3-5 years experience to work on the core of our GNSS receiver technology. You will be working with a small team to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics, and autonomous transportation. Your focus will be the development of platform software to support multiple embedded targets which will power next generation receivers in the autonomy space. You will own the full lifecycle of development for important new features, beginning with prototyping and design, through implementation, testing, verification and release.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Modern C++, C and python programming skills
- Writing production level code
- Performance and memory optimization techniques
- Unit and sub-system test generation
- Writing design documentation
- Using JIRA for tracking work
- Git (or relevant version control system)
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- ASIL code safety standards for autonomous vehicles
- Modern CMake
- Yocto or embedded linux
- Exposure to board level communication (SPI, I2C, etc) and peripheral driver support
Ideal candidates will also have an interest in, or experience with, one or more of the following:
- Build Automation (Travis, Jenkins, NixOS, Docker, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration (GTest, Valgrind, Clang Tools, Code Coverage, Static Analysis)
- Automotive/Safety OS (AUTOSAR Classic/Adaptive, QNX, SELinux)
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49