Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding Positioning Integrity Engineer to work on the core of its safety-critical products. You will be working to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, designing advanced positioning algorithms within Swift correction service engine, GNSS engine or sensor fusion engine. Within the Positioning team, you will join the System Performance group, you will contribute to our navigation products integrity strategy, including integrity budget allocation, design trade-off, integrity algorithms and associated tools development.
- Analyze and derive integrity requirements
- Produce Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Drive trade-off, present different solutions and discuss pros and cons
- Develop algorithms models and tools for performance assessment
- Design, specify Integrity Algorithms and define associated test strategy
- Follow-up algorithm development and testing
- Contribute to safety certification process for integrity related topics
- Present internally and externally analysis results or progress follow-up
- Experience with GNSS or sensor fusion monitoring concept
- Experience with Integrity principles and algorithms through the development of an operational safety critical system (SBAS, RAIM / ARAIM, AAIM,…)
- Ability to performance FMEA and FTA
- Excellent communication
- Enthusiastic self-motivated learner
- Safety related standards (ISO26262, DO-278, …)
- Ability to write clean coherent code
- Engineering languages (Python, Matlab)
- Experience with sensor fusion algorithms
- High-accuracy GNSS positioning techniques (PPP / RTK)
- Automotive development programs
- Modern SW engineering concepts
- Git (or relevant version control system)
- CI / CD
- Agile development
At Swift, we're on the cutting edge of emerging technologies and techniques looking to adopt the best in class solutions to solving new and existing problems. Incorporating languages and tools (Rust, Haskell and NixOS) into our development workflow, we are seeking like minded engineers to help iterate our technology stack.
- A flexible work environment includes work-from-home days each week.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.