Livspace is India’s trusted interior design and renovation platform that connects interior designers, homeowners
and vendors. For homeowners, Livspace is their one-stop destination for all things interior. For interior designers
and vendors, we’ve streamlined their workflow from design all the way to delivery through powerful and
We’re currently in nine Indian metro areas. We’ve made over 20,000 customers happy by delivering their dream
homes to them. With over 3,500 interior designers on board, we’re the largest design community India has seen.
We employ over 2000 passionate individuals who continue to grow and be a part of this exciting journey.
Working at Livspace:
Livspace believes in an open, intellectually honest culture where everyone is given the autonomy to contribute and
do their life’s best work. As a part of the dynamic team at Livspace, you will have a chance to learn new things,
solve new problems, build your competence and be a part of an innovative design-and-tech startup that’s
revolutionizing the interiors industry.
If you value autonomy, enjoy challenges, believe in getting things done and can work with minimal supervision,
come join us.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Design, implement and enhance new components of the Livspace design platform and supply chain platform.
- Design new features for the e-commerce properties and front-end products and mobile apps
- Maintain engineering infrastructure Have significant impact on current and future technology roadmap
- Have complete ownership of Service/Services that your team is responsible for
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development of best practices
- Own large technical deliverables and execute in an exemplary way
- Be able to conceptualize and develop prototype quickly Contribute creatively in strategic products that will reach large audience
- Build a web and mobile products that users love
Who you are:
- Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages: Java, Python NodeJS any Object oriented high level proprietary or open source language with strong programming constructs (Java Preferred).
- Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
- Strong object oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems.
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- You earned B.Tech or equivalent degree in computer science or related engineering field
- You have at least 6+ years of experience working with large scale web products
Your Array (Nice to Have):
- Good sense of system characterization and identification of technical requirements
- Good learnability and adopt technologies that help build large scale, performant, reliable and sustainable systems.
- Architectural & Design Choices, Deep knowledge on one or more tech stacks, identify alternative tech choices and trade-offs
- Strong problem Solving skills, Identify feasible alternatives and freeze on the optimal choice of data structures and advanced algorithms
- Ability to work in fuzzy environments and complex environments
- Able to take high ownership of complex system components and drive it to the next level
- Good exposure both with tech breadth and tech depth