We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is growing in India & the Payments / Fintech teams in India will operate one of the most critical portions of Toast’s infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day.
As a Principal Engineer on our team, you will:
- Bring your domain and general experience to design, build and launch features/improvements in cross org collaboration
- Develop micro services and improve best practices in agile and CI/CD
- Perform code reviews to ensure best practices and standards are followed
- Partner closely with remote teams residing in multiple time zones around the globe
- Monitor production systems and build systems/processes to improve our situational awareness and operational efficiency
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- This role is typically filled by someone with 10+ years experience, but if you are earlier in your career and this role sounds interesting- go ahead and apply! We’d love to chat!
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering and distributed systems gained from hands-on experience building fault tolerant and secure applications.
- Experience building and operating software high transaction SaaS applications and being productive when not everything is figured out
- Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting, and improve system performance through logging and metrics
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- You have experience working with product teams to invent solutions that deliver good outcomes to our customer and the company
- You demonstrate humility, empathy and respectfulness
We are hiring individuals with a wide range of experience so if you have more or less than these exact roles, please still apply!
Our Tech Stack:
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java/Kotlin and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in Postgres and DynamoDB. We are using Apache Pulsar to communicate between modules. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.