Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Reporting to the Sr Director, Enterprise Architecture, the Principal Technology Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architect, develops, and maintains Toast’s enterprise applications and surrounding integration solutions. The Enterprise Architecture team is focused on building scalable, flexible and secure architecture to ensure our enterprise technology and processes can scale with the rapidly growing business. This is a unique time to join Toast as we invest in getting to our next stage of growth in supporting many customer segments, product lines and markets.
The role requires taking technical ownership of various enterprise projects, working side-by-side with stakeholders across Toast (with teams in engineering, marketing, customer success, finance, etc..) solving complex problems focussed on improving experience across the customer journey. The role exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Salesforce Technical Architect who is proficient in software engineering practices and enterprise architecture. In this role, you will primarily work as an Enterprise Architect, with a specific focus on Salesforce solutions. The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge of Salesforce and its various modules, as well as the ability to provide architectural guidance to both Salesforce and non-Salesforce projects
As a Principal Technology Architect you will:
- Collaborate with functional and business leadership to ensure balance between short- and long-term goals for the Enterprise Architecture team. Work closely with architects across teams to provide enterprise solutions that align with the needs of our businesses
- Provide thought leadership in managing change by exhibiting knowledge of widely accepted architecture principles and cloud architecture techniques.
- Assess current state enterprise architecture and advise on future state in alignment with scalability, flexibility and security goals. Identification and implementation of innovation opportunities leveraging technology capabilities
- Help drive world-class customer experience strategies by implementing cutting edge technologies including NLP, chatbots, cognitive services, sentiment analysis, and AI-driven customization.
- Provide coaching and advisory for the technical aspects of large scale projects to ensure that technical implementation meets functional requirements, as well as our high standards for code quality and testing.
- Facilitate architecture reviews including the evaluation of proposed Architecture Decision Records and maintenance of other aspects of the Enterprise Architecture Repository.
- Architectural Guidance: Collaborate with project teams to provide architectural guidance for both Salesforce and non-Salesforce initiatives. Evaluate project requirements, design scalable solutions, and ensure adherence to best practices and industry standards
- Enterprise Architecture: Provide strategic guidance on technology selection, solution design, and system integration across the organization. Define and promote best practices for Salesforce development, customization, and configuration. Conduct code reviews, performance optimization, and ensure adherence to coding standards
- Data Architecture: Design and optimize Salesforce data architecture, including data models, data flows, and data integration patterns. Define data governance processes and ensure data integrity, security, and compliance.
- CPQ Architecture: Provide expert guidance on Salesforce CPQ, Design and optimize CPQ solutions, including product configuration, pricing rules, and quoting processes.
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of multiplatform solutions
- Ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns around architecture
- Experience in multiple enterprise cloud based applications like Salesforce or CRMs, Oracle Netsuite or ERPs, Zuora RevPro or Revenue Recognition platforms, WMS, Data Platforms like Snowflake, Integration platforms, ETL tools, etc..
- Salesforce Expertise: Serve as a subject matter expert in Salesforce, including but not limited to Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and CPQ. Provide guidance and architectural oversight on Salesforce implementations and integrations.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in performance optimizations and best practices for scalable platforms/architectures
- Extensive experience as a Salesforce Technical Architect, designing and implementing complex Salesforce solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce platform capabilities, including declarative configuration, Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components, and Salesforce APIs.
- Experience providing architectural guidance in non-Salesforce projects, showcasing a broad understanding of software development and system integration.
- Proficiency in data architecture and data modeling within Salesforce, including familiarity with ETL processes, data integration, and data migration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience. 12+ years experience in Software Development/Engineering.
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Extensive experience with and understanding of event driven architecture and other modern enterprise integration patterns
- Experience in designing, building, and deploying services on major cloud compute and storage platforms
- TOGAF or solution architecture certifications (e.g. AWS SAA/SAP, Azure AZ 303/304).
- Knowledge of Governance, Compliance (SOX, PCI, ASC606, etc..) and Data Privacy concepts and regulations
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].