Design semiconductor processes to realize novel optoelectronic devices. Tasks include:
- Fabricate components in a wafer fab, including process steps such as lithography, dielectric, metals, and semiconductor deposition and etching, implants, anneals, contacts.
- Design fabrication process flow including all process steps enumerated above.
- Mask layout for various lithography tools such as contact aligners, steppers, or direct-write laser.
- Manage technicians and operators in using semiconductor processing tools, such as e-beam evaporator, PECVD, sputtering, dry and wet etching .
- Source and manage contractors and vendors to complete process steps
- Characterize processes, including using profilometer, SEM, electrical and optical test.
- Work with outside laboratories to characterize processes and devices.
- Electrical and optical testing of components.
- Failure analysis and modelling of optoelectronic devices throughout process.
- Reliability testing, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with lithography and mask design software (L-edit, Klayout, etc.).
- Familiarity with clean room environment and with semiconductor wafer fabrication processes (metallization, etching, dielectrics, thin film characterization, etc). 1 year or more experience preferred.
- A B.S. degree or higher in electrical engineering, materials engineering, chemical engineering, physics, or equivalent (M.S. preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges in a dynamic work environment with shifting timelines.