Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
As a Product Associate, you will work hand-in-hand with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests to gather feedback on product enhancements, opportunities, and usability, in order to inform and inspire how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
This Toaster will support the International product set for order and payment workflows, while also serving as a Subject Matter Expert of the domain. You will help lead initiatives that impact the entire Toast customer base and will be a key player in ensuring that functionality is rolled out smoothly, both internally and externally.
Working closely with International Product Managers and other key stakeholders, you will help craft and execute on a roadmap driven by metrics, market fit, customer needs, and a delightful user experience. This is a high visibility role with an opportunity to make a real impact at a fast-paced and dynamic organisation.
About this roll*:
- Learn the Toast platform and become a product expert
- Perform market research on competitors, POS partners, and industry trends
- Define problems and strategic rationale before proposing solutions
- Identify, Analyse and track key performance indicators of existing and new features to evaluate impact and opportunities
- Write technical user stories, collaborate and communicate feature requests to Engineering teams in a fast paced, agile environment
- Support the Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead with scrum ceremonies such as grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Develop relationships with restaurateurs and restaurant personas (Managers/Owners) to understand current pain points and opportunities
- Work closely with Legal, Operations, and Marketing teams to run proof-of-concept and go-to-market tests
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Proven time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Be able to work independently, anticipating and resolving problems
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, with opportunity for growth
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative/critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal relationship building
- Strong data background
- Understanding of the hospitality environment a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.