The Employee Cloud Product Commercialization team is responsible for commercializing our products across the full customer journey to drive growth and profitability for our business unit. We’re seeking a Commercial Lead who will drive a new business line focused on building products directly for restaurant employees. The Commercial Lead is responsible for the end-to-end success of the business line with focus on P&L efficiency, product and GTM strategy, and cross functional project management. This requires someone who knows how to get stuff done quickly and effectively, is an independent thinker with high marks in problem solving, communication, and relationship management. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to achieve non-linear career growth by launching and scaling a new business within Toast and drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth tech company.
In this roll* you will:
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to ensure the success of your business line from scoping, to launching, to scaling, and optimizing across Toast and the broader restaurant employee community
- Work closely with the rest of the R&D team (Product Management, Engineering, and UX), GTM, and CS to ensure your business line is accessed by the best target customer segments and is closely integrated with the broader Toast software platform and delivers a seamless consumer-grade user experience
- Conduct market research and analysis to holistically assess the business opportunities for restaurant employees, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking to inform Toast’s growth strategy
- Shape the restaurant employee product investment and GTM strategy with the Product Management and Marketing teams
- Help define a new customer journey for restaurant employees and how Toast can effectively serve them
- Serve as a key evangelist for restaurant employees as a customer and stakeholder across Toast functions
- Stay rooted in customer feedback and data in commercializing our products and investing in expansion areas to deliver best-fit experiences for restaurants and restaurant employees
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience in fast-growing tech company (in a product management, biz ops, or strategy role), top-tier management consulting, or venture capital
- Experience in the direct to consumer product space
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong market research and analysis skills; ability to evaluate market dynamics and leverage findings to inform strategy
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate complex analyses into structured recommendations and present to all levels of management
- Adept financial modeling skills and the ability to map unit economics and build a financial plan with P&L output
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.