GoPro is seeking a top-tier candidate to take on the responsibilities of Product Manager –Accessories and Lifestyle. The position will own defining product requirements for a wide range of accessory products from Camera Accessories to Mounts to Lifestyle products. The Product Manager will own and assist in the product development phases by collaborating with various teams during the research and concept phases. In addition, the position will help identify key feature opportunities for Cameras, Accessories and / or Lifestyle, document phases of the product and manage tradeoffs involving features, schedule, cost and pricing. The ideal candidate will have experience writing clear and concise product requirements documents and Product Management experience in the consumer electronics and / or outdoor industries.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the Accessory and / or Lifestyle product opportunity identification process – including but not limited to: conducting competitive analysis and market research, distillation of consumer insights, generating business cases and value justifications for Product opportunities.
- Responsible for the Accessory and / or Lifestyle product definition process including but not limited to: vision, MVP features, use-cases, prioritizing features, user experience, and product compatibility.
- Present opportunities to and drive conclusions with the Senior Leadership Team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. Engineering, Design, Program Management, Operations, Sales Planning, Marketing, Brand, Sustaining) through the complete product lifecycle
- Prioritize product tradeoffs involving features, schedule, cost, pricing, line/value positioning
- Inspire internal and external partners with your exceptional presentation skills
- Identify opportunities for improving the customer experience on existing products
- Identify key feature opportunities for Cameras, Accessories and/or Lifestyle products
- Document phases of the product: opportunity briefs, product briefs, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations for future products
Skills We’re Excited About
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in consumer electronics and / or outdoor industries
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven successful record with cradle to grave Product Management or similar track of Project Management
- Experience writing clear and concise requirements documents
- Ability to make informed choices in a fast-paced environment
- Laser focus on details
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Passion and dedication to work in a dynamic and exciting team environment
- Expertise with: Excel, Powerpoint, Paper, Word, Slack, Propel (or similar PLM management software)
Bonus Points For
- Avid participant in use-cases / activities we market to
- Experience with Photo and Video camera related product
- Experience in multiple consumer electronic product categories
- Experience in Soft-goods (bags, apparel, etc)
- MS/MA/MBA preferred
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $95,625-$112,500.