Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for analytical, technical and motivated problem solvers to bring our international operations strategy to life; those “swiss army knife” players that can help us untangle the complexities of a rapidly scaling global organization.
As a member of our Centralized Operations team, you will transform business processes using technology and systems, acting as the product owner working directly with various business stakeholders and our business systems development teams. You will plan, design, build and implement optimal global solutions for our systems and applications. As an expert on how data flows in our system, you will articulate solutions that are simple and scalable, and support your team and manager to enable delivery on our team’s systems roadmap. You will manage the delivery of the solutions to ensure that they are executed with high quality, and that they drive meaningful improvement in customer and internal team experience. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive impact through operations excellence.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to understand their goals and operational requirements, including proactively identifying areas of improvement in Toast’s operations
- Support the intake and scoping process for requests from business users, estimate impact of initiatives, and help drive prioritization across our systems development backlog and project roadmaps / implementation sprints
- Serve as a translator between the business requirements and the technical work that needs to be done to achieve business goals, collaborating directly with technical architects and developers to:
- Redesign business-facing processes for international operations to improve efficiency based on the current needs of the team
- Design processes from the ground up for new international markets that both successfully Toast to scale as a global company
- Own the full lifecycle of your projects, from gathering requirements with various teams, to collaborating with scrum teams during development lifecycles, to coordinating stakeholder testing and deployment of solutions
- Be an internal consultant that lends expertise and perspective to different leaders working to operationalize their teams
- Provide subject matter expertise to the internal operations and data teams on how different pieces of information are collected in our international processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ years experience in marketing, sales or revenue operations, hardware or warehouse operations, customer success operations, product management, salesforce consulting, salesforce administration, or other equivalent experience
- Track record of success in designing, and implementing technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability translating business requirements into technical requirements, and working closely with architects and systems administrators to implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback, drive consensus and manage change in situations with high ambiguity
- Experience managing projects from conception to delivery
- Desire to work in a “generalist” capacity on complex problems.
- Experience building international operations / expanding a business into new international markets highly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ, Netsuite, and DocuSign highly preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].