Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are looking for a Product Manager interested in reinventing financial services for restaurants as part of our Lending team. You will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and building innovative financial products & features that help restaurant owners access the funding they need to start, run or grow their business. The initiatives you spearhead will expand and strengthen our suite of lending products, growing our reach and impact.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with other Toast teams across Credit, Capital Markets, Legal & Compliance, Marketing, Operations and Data Science. You will interface with our restaurant customers directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow their lending product suite. Finally, you’ll ensure that your product roadmap is well aligned to Toast’s near, medium and long term goals.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the cross functional teams to support ideation, design, development, launch and support of new and existing products
- Create & present business cases and business models for new product investments, and measure/quantify success of product launches
- Write technical and non-technical user stories, define requirements, workflows, and wireframes in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Data Science and other teams
- Manage the backlog of an established engineering team, define roadmap requirements, and facilitate agile ceremonies
- Communicate and collaborate with highly technical counterparts, and business-oriented stakeholders, to consistently set and meet expectations
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A passion for unlocking financial services for the restaurant & hospitality industry
- Experience managing technical products from their early inception, to measurable post-launch success
- A demonstrated curiosity that tests assumptions, hypotheses, and market trends throughout the product discovery process
- Taken vague, conflicting, or incomplete information and turned it into an actionable plan with clear business impact
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on communicating roadmaps and technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- High EQ and is skilled at building and maintaining relationships with engineering & design teams
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and understand the inner workings of web applications & developer services
- Comfortable with data analysis tools like SQL and Excel
- Experience working fast-growing teams & hyper-growth companies
- First-hand experience with lending, payments or building B2B apps
- Experience delivering commercial products powered by statistical models
- Experience incorporating legal & regulatory oversight into consumer or business products
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].