Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to inform product development and bring new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. As a member of this high-impact team, you will gain substantial senior leadership exposure to drive long-term customer and shareholder value at a hyper-growth company.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Customer Success you will partner closely with the Marketing, Sales, Business Insights, and Customer Success teams to drive overall vision, design, and go-to-market (GTM) strategies for our new suite of customer success and professional services products. You will work closely with the Customer Success team, which is responsible for enabling customers to maximize the value of their Toast platform through professional services offerings, product adoption support, and timely issue resolution and troubleshooting.
You will collaborate on key initiatives relating to customer personas, product pricing, packaging, and messaging, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research to help launch our long-term GTM strategies for customer success and professional services at scale. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, has a proven track record of launching new products and packaging, has strong analytical skills, and brings an enthusiastic, innovative approach to customer success in a hyper-growth environment. If you’re a cross-functional team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Help lead Toast’s new product vision, go-to-market strategy, and launch process for professional services and scaled Customer Success solutions.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to define and scale strategies to drive adoption and customer satisfaction through product knowledge transfer, collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research through customer surveys, focus groups, and financial modeling to inform pricing and packaging of new Customer Success solutions.
- Work closely with our Customer Success teams to develop a clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Toast customers and the broader restaurant industry.
- Conduct market research and gather competitive intelligence on customer success strategies both inside and outside of the restaurant industry.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, diverse environment that can span product marketing, product management, operational roles, finance or strategy consulting.
- Strong cross-functional project management skills with a demonstrated proficiency in leading diverse teams to develop strategic plans and achieve desired goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to combine complex content into a clear and cohesive story to gain both internal and external buy-in.
- Data-minded with strong analytical capabilities.
- Passionate about developing a deep understanding of customer needs to inform product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with market research and competitive intelligence tactics.
- Experience with design, marketing, or strategy of scaled customer success models.
- Experience in B2B SaaS, Technology, Professional Services, Customer Support, or other ancillary industries.
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, and/or Looker.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.