Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to inform product development and bring new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. In this high-impact team, you will gain substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term customer and shareholder value at a hyper-growth company.
As the Product Marketing Manager for POS Point-of-Sale, you will partner closely with the Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to drive go-to-market (GTM) strategies for our core suite of software products, including point-of-sale, kitchen display systems (KDS), and Kiosk.
You will collaborate on key initiatives relating to buyer personas, product positioning and messaging, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research to inform our longer term roadmap and GTM strategies of our core products. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, has a proven track record of launching new products and packaging, has strong analytical skills and excels in a growth environment. If you’re a cross-functional team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the go-to-market strategy and launch process for new POS products and features.
- Become a product and market expert on our POS, Kitchen Display System, Handheld, and Kiosk offerings and use that knowledge to craft compelling value based messaging to generate leads and drive conversions.
- Take ownership over key bottom-of-funnel conversion metrics and implement cross-functional plans to drive improvements.
- Take ownership of attach rate metrics and goals for our core restaurant products and implement cross-functional plans to drive improvements.
- Leverage data to unearth insights into buyer and customer needs and identify market opportunities to inform new marketing and sales strategies for Toast.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven experience in a fast-paced environment that can span product marketing, product management, operational roles, finance, sales or strategy consulting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading cross-functional partnerships with diverse teams to develop strategic plans and achieve desired goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to combine complex content into a clear and cohesive story to gain both internal and external buy-in.
- Data-minded with strong analytical capabilities.
- Passionate about developing a deep understanding of customer needs to inform product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with product, marketing, or strategy in the restaurant technology industry.
- Experience in B2B SaaS, Technology, Professional Services, or other ancillary industries.
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, and/or Looker.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.