Location: Flexible Shenzhen. This role allows the flexibility to work from home, within proximity to an office location.
As a Product Quality Engineer for GoPro cameras and accessories you will be responsible for helping to ensure all hardware meets the GoPro standards for quality and reliability.
In this role you will be responsible for driving DFFA and EFFA activities and will have a direct impact on driving the highest quality standards to ensure GoPro continues to deliver the most rugged cameras in the market. This person will also lead the planning and execution of HW QA related tests including Electrical and Thermal.
What You Will Do
- Serve as Quality & Reliability Engineering lead for products throughout the product development life cycle
- Define product validation plans, test methods and criteria in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Participate in post product launch efforts and early field failure analysis to establish root cause and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Facilitate failure analysis during NPI stages, validate/analyze test data, suggest solutions and make recommendations toward product release
- Develop and present management reports highlighting product risks, actions and recommendations.
- Work independently and with project team members globally to develop and deliver
- Product Risk Analysis (DFMEA) and Product Quality Plans (PQP), review manufacturing assessment and qualification, support development of inspection documentation and test methods as they will impact product quality and performance
- Achieve GoPro quality standards by utilizing tools and techniques including statistical analysis, SPC, DOE, DFx, and project tracking software (Jira).
- Evangelize the continuous improvement efforts related to NPI and sustaining processes.
- Manage and execute EE QA testing.
- Assist in the planning and execution of thermal related tests
Skills We’re Excited About
- Ability and will to travel to APAC to work with partners, suppliers and CMs
- BSME, MSME preferred
- Six sigma experience and is highly desirable
- 3-4+ years’ experience in consumer electronics or relevant industries
- 2-3+ years’ experience in New Product Introduction environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous knowledge or experience with design tools / CAD systems
- Exposure and working knowledge of key commodities such as LCD’s, Optical components, batteries, PCBs, molded and machined parts
- Effective presentation, project and resource management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.