Python developer for video editing creative framework
Flexible (Paris Issy-les-Moulineaux) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
- GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life
is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that
help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
- GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We
celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand
equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also
hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley
to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the
diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
- GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS,
Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each
month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events
and share them with their family and friends.
- The Video Engine team provides the cross-platform engines that power each of the
GoPro applications and cloud. Those tools assemble, filter and create video edits
from a variety of user's media. Being part of this team means that you will be at the
center of the action, working with artists to create the best video editing experience
on mobile and desktop platforms.
As a Python developer, you will develop editing features within the Python video
editing creative framework. You will also be the referent responsible for integrating
backend native modules within this framework:
- Video Engine Core: This C++, cross platform engine provides real-time
playback and export of complex scenes and video edits for all kind of media,
including high framerate and spherical videos. This engine is currently built
on top of OpenGL and Vulkan.
- Audio Engine: An advanced audio engine with multiple effects (mixing,
ducking, dynamic compression, …) that provides real-time, sample-exact
playback audio on all platforms.
- Cross platform tools: We develop core cross platform tools for use across the
GoPro stack. Those include a video analysis and testing infrastructure, and
various tools and libraries (logging, file management, …).
Skills We’re Stoked About
Candidates for this role should be proficient in Python 3:
- Understanding, refactoring and designing large architectures
- Able to evaluate and design efficient algorithms
- Comfortable with threading, multiprocessing, concurrency
- Familiar with Python guidelines (PEP8)
Experience in one or many of the following skills is also desirable:
- Qt and PySide
- Cross-platform experiences (Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, macOS)
- C++, C
- Sound processing, image, video
- Experience in 3D rendering (OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX)
- Experience with FFmpeg / video formats
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your
passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.