GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
The Video Engine team provides the cross-platform engines that power each of the GoPro applications. Those tools assemble, filter and create video edits from a variety of user's media. Being part of this team means that you will be at the center of the action, working with artists to create the best video editing experience on mobile and desktop platforms.
As a DevOp, you will play a leadership role in the team and contribute to the following topics:
- Ensure a coherent and efficient source, packaging and release system written in Python
- Work with strong cross-platform constraints
- Participate to continuous integration and the release process with QA team
Skills We’re Stoked About
Candidates for this role should:
- Be proficient in Python 3 and shell
- Understand the challenges of packaging mixed-language projects
- Have cross-platform experience on desktop (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Have experience with cross-compilation on mobile (Android or iOS)
- Be comfortable with API, ABI and versioning concepts
- Have a good grasp of containers
Experience in one or many of the following skills is also desirable:
- C++, C
- Experience with FFmpeg / video formats
- Experience in 3D rendering (OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX)
- Sound processing, image, video
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.