Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer (II) you will design, engineer, and maintain a full suite of automated testing solutions for one or more products. This includes API and UI tests to support products that hundreds of thousands of restaurant employees at Toast customers use every day to manage their time and tips data. You will work on products to improve the lives of restaurant employees, as well as the tools and processes restaurants use to hire, retain, and lead their teams. This growing team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Our tech stack:
Our backend services follow a microservice architecture with a mix of GraphQL, REST and gRPC services; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. Our front ends are written using React and follow a SPA architecture.
About this roll*:
- Work with QA engineers and developers on strategy for test case automation
- Write automated tests using a framework such as Cypress, Selenium, Playwright
- Keep current with tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Participate in release regression test cycles and UAT events
- Create and implement comprehensive test plans for new features
- Collaborate with project team to triage defects, verify fixes
- Actively contribute to product design and roadmap discussions
- Assist with triage of customer issues
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Proven QA experience working on agile teams
- Familiar with CI/CD/CT, Jenkins and. git
- Ability to put together test plans and initiative to own the quality of multiple products
- Commitment to quality, user experience, and using your “get unblocked” attitude for continuous learning and problem solving
- Ability to work across a wide range of integrated products
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Flexible PTO + 11 Paid Holidays
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- No Cost Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
*Bread puns encouraged, not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].