Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will work on products to improve the lives of restaurant employees, as well as the tools and processes restaurants use to hire, retain, and lead their teams. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products. You will have the opportunity to make an impact immediately. This growing team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Our tech stack:
Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Kotlin, and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. Our front ends are written using React and follow a SPA architecture.
About this roll*:
- Create and implement comprehensive test plans for new features
- Test new features and log defects as needed
- Collaborate with project team to triage defects, verify fixes
- Actively contribute to product design and roadmap discussions
- Lead as well as participate in test case reviews
- Keep current with tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Work with QA engineers and developers on strategy for test case automation
- Assist with triage of customer issues
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Proven QA experience working on agile teams
- Ability to put together test plans and initiative to own the quality of multiple products
- Commitment to quality, user experience, and using your “get unblocked” attitude for continuous learning and problem solving
- Ability to work across a wide range of integrated products
- Interest in automated testing for web & mobile applications
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.