Job Title: QA Firmware Engineer
- Flexible (Office Location) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro has a Firmware QA activity to validate each product, from user point of view. This includes the regular usage of a given camera; using high level entry point in the firmware, such as UI, Wifi/BLE control, and covers all usecases, UI coherency, connectivity, accessories usage, etc
The Firmware development teams want to increase the QA at lower level software components of camera’s firmware, to be able to:
- Identify earlier some bugs or regressions (validation of new developments).
- Ensure that any new development in cameras’ firmware is never broken by any future modification (non regression).
Paris teams started to setup automated non regression, to systematically test new developments made on cameras firmware. This setup relies on both built-in camera tools and offline scripts to run all tests developed remotely on several cameras, and publish a result each time the regression is run.
What You Will Do
The QA Firmware engineer reports to the QA Firmware Lead (as part of Firmware development team) and collaborates with the DevOps team:
- Contribute to the development of the firmware’s built-in test framework, so that new features can be added and existing features are properly implemented.
- Deep dive into the firmware architecture and the SoC specification to get a complete understanding of the system to be stressed.
- Support the monitoring of non-regression test automation.
- Ensure first investigation on raised issues and triage these to the proper recipient
- Actively work on ensuring a zero-error firmware execution.
- Extend the coverage on low level firmware components.
- Help developing new built-in tests based on both firmware’s built-in test framework and offline scripts to run them remotely.
- Help firmware and algorithm teams to validate features integration on camera.
- Collaborate with other teams to uniformize QA means and environment for efficiency.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Embedded software engineer, used to complex and hostile software environment, and complex debug.
- Experienced on QA methodologies and state of the art practices in software validation (Continuous Integration, Testing pyramid).
- Experienced in firmware design, architecture and debug.
- Technical requirements: C, C++, Python, GIT, Linux and GNU tools, GDB, JTAG.
- Soft skills: Team player, open-minded and flexible, good communication skills.
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included).
- Subsidized lunch.
- Gym fee compensation.
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass.
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro).
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events).
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.