Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The R&D Chief of Staff will drive business operations for the R&D team in partnership with the R&D Executive leadership team across areas including team development and engagement, planning and leading leadership offsites, facilitating annual and long term strategic planning, objective and key result setting and progress tracking at the R&D leadership level, supporting cross-functional initiatives for operational excellence and establishing additional business processes need as the company grows, matures and scales. In addition, this role will work with the executive administrative assistants to the R&D team to promote and foster team culture worldwide.
This role requires the ability to run with projects with little direction and guidance, and a successful candidate has a natural curiosity and inclination towards building relationships.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Strategic and Operational partner for the founder and President of R&D
- Help manage the department’s operating system including its management cadence, decision making frameworks, goal setting process, operating calendar, and communications
- Help plan, coordinate, and manage content for leadership and team meetings
- Support the development and tracking of quarterly and annual OKRs
- Up-level internal efficiency by managing the flow of information, data and reporting across the department to drive streamlined alignment and communication
- Identify ways to improve the team's operational workflow and drive process improvements
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, presentations and more.
- Deliver one-off analyses for R&D Executives
- Partner with executive assistant on logistics for all hands meetings, offsites, and team events
- Partner with leaders and People Success to apply a high degree of excellence, fostering a culture of performance, growth and development
- Support and help drive diversity of our team and our thoughts
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Process focused and detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communications skills, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Strongly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Student of customers and strategy
- Trustworthy with strong ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality
- 7+ years of experience of consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience driving change management of processes and tooling across large organizations
- Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Product Plan, Confluence, Coda are a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.