Swift Navigation (Swift) is hiring. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control applications. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift is seeking a Regional Sales Director for the Americas with a proven history of leading teams selling GNSS-based products including software, hardware and services. The ideal candidate has personally closed, and led teams closing, 7- and 8-figure deals in Industrial markets including Construction & Agriculture, Machine Control, and Robotics applications.
Reporting to the EVP and GM of our Industrial Business Unit and based in the United States, the role involves managing a high-performance team of sales professionals delivering on regional sales and revenue targets, and includes select strategic account ownership selling Swift’s GNSS end-to-end solutions including our Skylark GNSS Cloud Corrections Services, and a family of GNSS receiver hardware products.
Regional responsibility covers all Industrial segments in the Americas, and the primary focus will be on multi-year contracts with strategic, enterprise and OEM Customers, many of which require a consultative selling approach.
- Predictably and reliably deliver against the company’s Americas sales and revenue targets.
- Own full responsibility of the Americas sales team’s performance by managing a tight-knit team of distributed Sales Professionals, Inside Sales, and regional reselling partners. Earning and maintaining the respect of your team is critical in this role.
- Hire to plan and manage individual team member performance promptly.
- Personally own the sales cycle and deal closure of a select number of strategic Customers with $5M+ annual business, with a focus on SaaS subscriptions, hardware and royalty-bearing business.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations Team to ensure accurate Customer opportunity forecasts, structure, and deal status at all times in our SalesforceTM CRM system.
- Hold the sales team accountable to create and maintain concise account plans for all major accounts, with a bias toward action and a clear path to deal closure. Review account plans quarterly and deal closure plans weekly with Sales leadership and partners in Engineering and Marketing.
- With support of the Licensing and Legal team, draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide variety of inbound contracts, including NDAs, statements of work, Proof of Concept (PoC), software IP licenses and SaaS agreements.
- Develop productive and durable senior management relationships with our Customers, partners and the Swift Leadership team, wherever they may be.
- Champion Customer needs in technology features and business models by regularly engaging our Product & Engineering teams to influence roadmaps and support.
- Partner with our Product and Business Development teams to creatively develop new business with Industrial Customers who are new to high-precision positioning technology. Activities include educating Customers in our technology, working with Customers on product strategy and financial models and securing PoCs that translate into bookable business.
- Coach, mentor and develop your team members as required to achieve Sales and Business Development objectives and ensure team motivation.
- Work efficiently with all functions of Swift Engineering, Product, Marketing and Operations. Synchronize planning and business development with other Regional Sales Directors, and champion productive teamwork and alignment of purpose.
- Work with and support Swift Marketing to ensure that marketing and sales goals align.
- Actively participate in selected industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and competitive trends.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis by the EVP & GM of the Industrial BU to meet Swift’s objectives.
Commercial, Business and Management Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of proven history growing and managing high-performance sales teams that successfully deliver outsized results selling into Industrial accounts, with 8- and 9-figure targets.
- Verifiable success closing 7- and 8-figure contracts for SaaS, software, IP or hardware at Enterprise and OEM companies in the Industrial markets that use GNSS technology and services in their products.
- Prior experience in selling Solutions as a Service (SaaS) is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop, negotiate and close complex, multi-year SaaS subscription, software and/or hardware contracts.
- Ability to credibly represent Swift and its technologies to Customers and Partners, and to understand the Customer’s issues, needs and motivations.
- Ability to credibly represent the Customer’s requirements to Swift and to motivate Swift to meet these requirements.
- Ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus and drive decisions.
- Clear, systematic and structured planned progression for managing complex long-term technical sales cycles.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English, and able to present to many levels — executive, management and engineering (both to Partners and within Swift).
Technical Skills & Experience
- 10+ years selling experience with a successful track record in long-sales-cycle, highly technical software and services sales in Enterprise Software, SaaS, IP, or GNSS hardware markets.
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred (preferably EE, Computer Science, industrial AI, GNSS-related sciences or similar technical degree) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA a plus.
- Technical knowledge of GNSS technologies required, as well as basic understanding of client/server architectures, embedded operating systems and network topologies.
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual who can drive and coach high-performance sales teams, and build strong, positive and productive internal relationships in the broader Swift team.
- Startup mentality; proven problem-solving ability; success in dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated, tenacious and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills: communicative (written and verbal), organized and entrepreneurial.
- Customer-focused and Customer-sensitive; able to motivate team members and co-workers; able to influence positively; flexible and hard-working.
- Outgoing and skilled at building relationships and developing effective internal and external partnerships.
- Ability to work and communicate at a detailed or high level, as required.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, hypergrowth environment with evolving and expanding responsibilities.
- Willing to travel as needed to win business, up to 30% during peak times.
- Native or excellent English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49