Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
The Release/ DevOps Engineer manages the release pipeline, supporting fast paced Business Systems scrum teams of admins, developers, and architects. You will drive a common framework for all build, test, and release activities, both automated and self-service. As a Release Engineer, you’ll act as a subject matter expert for release best practices, advancing toward the predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be a champion for the CI/CD pipeline, focused on continuous improvement of the release process, by building out release automation for scale
- Manage the teams’ Salesforce, Netsuite, Workato, RevPro and other Business Systems releases to pre-production and production environments in collaboration with the development team
- Resolve technical issues such as deployment errors and merge conflicts for each scrum team
- Ensure compliance with the change control process, assisting in test planning
- Manage test environments, refreshes, and upgrades with focus on role and data access permissions
- Act as a technical liaison for Business Systems, Engineering, and Operations, having an understanding of roadmaps and how their dependencies and schedules align
- Provide support for releases, incident response, and major system upgrades
- Develop and maintain release dashboards and reports
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with build/release tools and processes, specifically with Salesforce and Netsuite
- Experience working with version control tools (GitHub preferred)
- Experience with at least one development language, such as Python or Java
- Knowledge of Agile and the software development lifecycle
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workato, RevPro
- Experience with performance testing tools, logging and monitoring, and data masking
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.