Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The mission of Customer Success at Toast is to create raving fans and successful restaurants and the Restaurant Success Manager (RSM) plays a critical role in fulfilling that mission. While RSMs wear many different hats at once, they support the overarching goal of building customer trust, keeping customers happy and growing their annual recurring revenue (ARR).
You will be a founding member of a small & growing international team. You must be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to work flexibly in a business with aggressive growth goals. This is a highly cross-functional role and drives a wide variety of customer driven initiatives so you should be an exceptionally strong relationship builder and project manager. Pivotal to this role is a strong ability to embrace a hospitality mindset, understand a customer’s goals and priorities, and translate them into strategic recommendations that will drive a high level of product adoption, satisfaction, referrals and customer retention.
About this roll*:
- Build multiple layers of relationships with customer, and internal stakeholders, as needed
- Act as main point of contact for customers across both corporate and field level
- Update and maintain customer database entries (Salesforce)
- Own customer escalations to resolution by partnering with internal teams
- Facilitate regular cadence of communications with customer
- Deliver cadenced strategic business reviews focused on sharing business plans, identifying customer insights, and addressing areas of strength and improvements
- Have deep understanding of Toast product suite and ability to demo and discuss features and benefits to ensure customer is getting the most out of the product
- Drive activation and adoption across Toast product suite; analyze product module usage and leverage internal tools/customer marketing strategies to increase adoption
- Become trusted advisor/strategic partner by providing thought leadership on restaurant technology/operational trends and innovation
- Partner with Marketing to find options for case studies and customer referrals
- Retain and grow existing SaaS revenue by understanding needs of each customer and recommending product modules to fit those needs
- Facilitate customer references, as needed, to help GTM close new business
- Retain and grow SaaS revenue through consultative engagement and product recommendation
- Provide regular VOC feedback and feature requests to Product
- Create business cases, as needed, to invest in custom projects for top ARR customers
- Continually assess the customer journey and prioritize areas of ongoing improvement
- Build cross-functional partnerships and collaborate closely to engage customers when necessary
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 4+ years account management experience required, restaurant experience a strong plus
- Experience providing technology or SaaS solutions to a broad client base
- Mid-Market, Top SMB, or Enterprise customer management experience a plus
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects in the technology industry, managing a book of business and partnering with external clients to deliver on the promises committed to in the sales process
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and influencing skills; strong presentation skills required
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change, ability to manage ambiguity and operate independently
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Strong values and high personal integrity
- Good experience of MS Office, G-Suite, Slack and Salesforce
- Travel: Approx 40% travel to customer sites (within your assigned region)
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Uncapped paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].