Our mission is to create raving fans and successful restaurants, and the Restaurant Technical Consultant is critical to fulfilling that mission with our customers.
Restaurant Technical Consultants(RTC) are passionate, process-focused professionals with technical expertise in the entire suite of Toast products. They are the “Trusted Voice” of Toast’s most up-to-date products, standard operating procedures, and best practices. The RTC’s responsible for engaging and consulting with customers in partnership with Restaurant Success Managers (RSMs). As subject matter experts in Toast products, RTCs facilitate the resolution of technical requests (note: Customer Care Tier 3 will be responsible for Level 1 tech issues), documenting root cause analysis to enact changes to address issues in the long-term and to drive proactive consultation with customers to support growth and expansion of our managed customers.
The role of RTC will require curiosity and passion for driving Customer Technical Success.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Act as a Solutions Consultant, providing documented recommendations, best practices, and workarounds to establish customer trust in service and Toast solutions
- Become a trusted partner to the customer by listening, empathizing with their issues, and following through to solutions
- Document root cause analysis (RCAs) to review and enact changes to prevent issues long-term
- Perform regular and timely status updates with customers and RSMs
- Attend customer meetings and own readout of overall product/tech issues, as well as deeper understanding of escalated issues
- Proactive review of past support tickets, looking for trends and ensuring best use of products for customer success
- Work cross-functionally with Services, Engineering, Product, and Customer Care to drive improvements that positively affect the customer experience
- Utilize BI tools to help groups maximize their ROI on the Toast Platform and it's partners
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ years technical account management or technical support experience required
- Combined 2+ years experience in the F&B and/or POS industry preferred
- Familiarity with networking concepts and hardware
- Intermediate to advanced product knowledge of all modules related to multi-unit customers
- Proficient in complete products, technology areas and methodologies
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Data-driven, ability to analyze data, uncover insights and communicate them clearly
- Strong teamwork & cross-departmental collaboration skills
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills and time management skills
- Proficient in using MS Office, G-Suite, Slack
- Direct, honest communication style that operates with the highest level of integrity
- Experience providing technology or SaaS solutions to a client base a strong plus
- Understanding of Toast API partners preferred
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Looker knowledge preferred
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].