Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Systems the Revenue Solutions Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains integrations/application solutions in support of Zuora Revenue (RevPro). The Solutions Architect will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Revenue Recognition, Billing Architecture and other financial applications that interact with Zuora Revenue. The role requires taking ownership of the architecture and design of critical cloud-based business applications used by Toast’s Finance and Accounting partners within the Revenue domain.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Own the overall solution architecture for all things Zuora Revenue
- Collaborate with product management and business leadership to ensure balance between short- and long-term goals for the Financial Systems in a rapidly growing organization
- Play a key role in designing the long-term financial systems roadmap in partnership with functional users and the Finance Systems team.
- Architect and recommend evolution path for Zuora Revenue to meet the scale of our business
- Assess current state enterprise architecture and advise on Revenue Financial Systems architecture in terms of utilizing financial processes and data to achieve business goals.
- Review design, code, deployment strategies and other technical aspects of Toast’s Revenue Financial Systems.
- Define standards and processes to support and facilitate revenue financial systems architecture for Toast
- Work with data integration technologies to design and implement new solutions and processes to support finance and accounting use cases.
- Draft and review technical designs, integration standards, testing plans and other financial systems architecture/engineering related documentation.
- Partner with third party vendors on implementation, design, and architecture best practices
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of Revenue Financial Systems
- 5+ years experience with Zuora Revenue (RevPro) developing custom features and solutions
- Deep knowledge of 606 Revenue Recognition solutions and revenue accounting policies required for 606 compliance
- Ability to architect and design end to end solutions by taking into account the user needs and the technology landscape
- Ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns about finance and accounting concepts and technical architecture
- Strong concepts of performance optimizations and best practices for financial systems and architecture
- Extensive knowledge of internal controls best practices and SOX Compliance
- Ability to learn new technologies as they become prevalent and widely implemented, decision-making, time management, and task prioritization
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent.
Special Sauce*: (Nice to have, non-essential skills)
- Experience with data management, data transformation, ETL/APIs, preferably using cloud-based tools/infrastructure
- Zuora Revenue certifications preferred
- Working with a multi-entity global organization preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].