Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Risk Data Analyst
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways, including ordering, inventory, and payroll. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Risk Data Analyst will work across fraud, merchant, credit, and operational risk verticals to enable other team members to identify risks and help build impactful tools to keep Toast and our customers safe. The primary responsibilities of this role include strategic analysis of large sets of data, rule creation and maintenance, and dashboard management. The goals of this role include improvements to current rule sets and monitoring abilities, and drawing insights from analysis that will determine the future state of the Risk Team.
What You Will Do:
- Review data and operational procedures using a risk-based approach to minimize gaps in our fraud and risk program
- Ingest data from external vendors and coalesce with Toast data to analyze efficacy of vendors
- Analyze large sets of transaction data to develop fraud mitigation strategy
- Build and enhance transaction monitoring rules by running ad-hoc analysis to minimize fraud loss while driving growth
- Create dashboards to monitor data as required for your role and requested by the team and other stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 0-2 years of experience in data analysis, experience in fraud and/or risk is a plus
- Very strong SQL skills, R and Python skills and experience with Looker and Snowflake are a plus
- Data driven, with a passion for efficiency
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances, and understand root causes
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives with minimal oversight
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.