- With Flexible – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
About the Role
As technology evolves, GoPro needs quality information security practitioners who can work not only with the technology and understand the threat landscape but also with our internal partners to secure our staff, intellectual property, and our customers. You will be expected to know technology in great depth but you will also be called upon to share your knowledge with others – both technical and non-technical. Relationship building are significant attributes to a successful GoPro Information Security team contributor. If you are passionate about Information Security Operations and like sharing it with others, we’ve been looking for a “hero” like you. Do you have what it takes to be a GoPro HERO?
GoPro is looking for an Information Security Operations Analyst to join the Information Security team working to help protect GoPro’s infrastructure. You'll be working with other security engineers to monitor, identify, contain, eradicate, and recover from security events, improving workflows, automating processes, and maturing the information security program. You will be joining a team responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of GoPro’s applications, networks, and systems.
IF YOU ARE…a smart security practitioner with a passion for improving security in a global organization using the skills you have developed throughout your career then we might have a job for you.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor and analyze potential infrastructure security events to determine if it qualifies as a legitimate security incident / breach
- Monitor and review network, system, and security events to identify potential security incidents in IT infrastructure
- Work in a team environment and monitor the health and wellness of security devices on GoPro’s global networks
- Triage events, attempt to remediate, and initiate escalation procedures to appropriately inform and advise management on incidents and incident prevention
- Respond to various alerts raised by our tools following the workflows established and also contribute to tunning and improvements.
- Asses reported phishing emails and execute containment and response for the true positive reports
- Interface with technical personnel and other teams as required
- Document, communicate, and conform to processes related to security monitoring
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently
- Communicate, lead, and influence colleagues in information security best practices through evangelizing policies and contributing on special projects
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, or systems administration in at least one of the following areas: OS X, Linux, UNIX, Windows, TCP/IP networking, security fundamentals
Preferred Skills We’re Stoked About:
- Understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Knowledge and experience of common OS such as Windows, MacOS, Linux
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, documentation, and communication skills; able to concisely communicate security risks to both technical and business audiences
- Strong grasp of information security fundamentals including secure communications, encryption, networking and security compensating controls
- Able to demonstrate significant depth of understanding in one or more security fields
- Contribute to red/blue team activities
- Knowledge or experience with enterprise-level SIEMs, IDSes, Netflow, Active Directory, EDR , vulnerability assessment and management tools, incident response procedures (scenario based), and analysis of social engineering attacks (including phishing).
- Good tracking and prioritization of individual tasks
- Pluses: Scripting and Automation, packet capture and analysis, threat research, and passion for securing a global organization
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.