Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
This critical role will be reporting to the Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and based in the San Francisco, California area. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for sales of Swift’s GNSS end-to-end solutions including Starling Positioning Engine Software IP, the Skylark Cloud Corrections Service and hardware enablement products such as Piksi Multi and Duro to our Mobile customers worldwide. The role involves continuous prospecting, selling and relationship management of Swift’s Mobile device makers and application developers. The primary focus will be on long-term contracts with strategic, enterprise and OEM customers.
- Prospect, engage and close multi-year $1M+ contracts in high-growth Mobile OEM and app customers, with a focus on SaaS subscriptions and royalty-bearing business.
- Create and regularly maintain concise account plans for your major accounts, with a bias toward action and a clear path to deal closure. Review account plans quarterly and deal closure plans monthly with Sales leadership and partners in Engineering and Marketing.
- Maintain accurate customer opportunity forecasts and deal status at all times in our Salesforce CRM system.
- Working with our Licensing team as your partner, you will draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide variety of contracts, including NDAs, statements of work, SaaS agreements, and software IP licenses.
- Develop productive and durable senior management relationships with our customers, partners and the Swift Leadership team, wherever they may be.
- Champion customer needs in technology features and business models by regularly engaging our Engineering and Leadership teams to influence roadmaps and support.
- Partner with our Product Marketing team to creatively develop new business in the Mobile markets that are new to precise positioning. Activities include educating customers in our technology, working with customers on product strategy and financial models, and securing POCs that translate into bookable business.
- Coach, mentor and develop your fellow sales colleagues as required to achieve Sales and Business Development objectives and ensure team motivation.
- Work efficiently with all functions of Swift Engineering, Marketing and Sales Operations. Synchronize planning and business development with other sales team colleagues, and champion productive teamwork and alignment of purpose.
- Work with and support Swift Marketing to ensure that Mobile marketing and sales goals align.
- Actively participate in selected industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and competitive trends.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis by the EVP of Worldwide Sales to meet Swift’s objectives.
Commercial and Business Skills & Experience
- Proven and verifiable success closing 7- and 8-figure contracts for software, IP or SaaS subscriptions at Enterprise and OEM companies in the Mobile OEM market or its supply chains. The inclusion of hardware or other enabling products in your deals is a plus.
- Able to develop, negotiate and close royalty, revenue share-based or subscription agreements.
- Able to credibly represent Swift and its technologies to Customers and Partners, and to understand the Customer’s issues, needs and motivations.
- Able to credibly represent the Partner’s requirements to Swift and to motivate Swift to meet these requirements.
- Able to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus and drive decisions.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English, and able to present to many levels — executive, management and engineering (both to Customers and within Swift). Fluency with Mandarin, Japanese or Korean languages is a plus, but not required.
Technical Skills & Experience
- More than 10 years of sales or business development experience with a successful track record in long-sales-cycle, highly technical software and services sales in Enterprise Software, SaaS or IP markets.
- BS/BA degree required (preferably, EE, Computer Science or similar technical degree) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA is a plus.
- Basic technical knowledge of how GNSS/GPS works, client/server architectures, web and client applications, embedded operating systems and networking topologies.
- Dynamic, self-starting individual who can drive and reliably maintain regular contact with the extended Swift team.
- Startup mentality; proven problem-solving ability; success in dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated, tenacious and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills: communicative (written and verbal), organized and entrepreneurial.
- Customer-focused and Customer-sensitive; able to motivate team members and co-workers; able to influence positively; flexible and hard-working.
- Outgoing and skilled at building relationships and developing effective internal and external partnerships.
- Capable of working as a team member or independently, as required.
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level, as required.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, hypergrowth environment with evolving and expanding responsibilities.
- Willing to travel as needed to win business, up to 50% during peak times.
- Native or excellent English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- A flexible work environment.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49