Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will provide support to the CAO organization by posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and performing ad hoc requests as needed by the accounting team. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience working for a publicly traded company.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage the month-end close process for the leasing portfolio in accordance with ASC 842 including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules across various subsidiaries
- Oversee the fixed assets process and assist with schedules and associated internal/external reporting requirements
- Perform 10Q & 10K disclosure reporting for leases and statement of cash flow
- Assist on projects for the accounting organization to improve efficiency and automation
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure data integrity
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements
- Propose resolutions for identified issues and reconciling items on a monthly basis
- Provide supporting schedules and documentation to internal and external auditors
- Effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and management to drive sound business decisions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years of relevant experience, financial reporting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Knowledge of general accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Experience with cloud-based ERP/financial systems
- Experience with inter-company transactions and consolidations
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with accounting/financial reporting at a SaaS company
- Experience with Wdesk (Workiva)
- Experience with ASC 842 preferred
- CPA preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].