Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for accurate and timely execution of day-to-day and month-end close accounting processes for equity compensation and other people-related costs, as well as assisting with quarterly external equity disclosure reporting. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets, supporting the month-end close process, documenting processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with internal and external audit requirements and identifying and implementing process improvements. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and the ability to understand complex transactions and processes.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Perform all monthly accounting-related duties related to stock-based compensation accounting. These monthly duties include, but are not limited to, recording stock compensation; completing forfeiture rate calculations; and reconciling cash proceeds related to payroll tax withholdings and option exercises.
- Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses.
- Maintain responsibility for all operational accounting aspects of Toast’s equity plan, with a focus on compliance, reconciliation, accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with Accounting Leadership, SEC Reporting team, HR and Legal functions to develop and maintain best in class processes surrounding stock compensation as the company continues to scale.
- Maintain and enhance internal controls over equity and payroll reporting and assist in documenting payroll and equity-related accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Support tax and audit requests and provide all necessary reports and documentation for payroll and stock-compensation transactions.
- Become familiar with new and existing payroll and stock-compensation platforms to provide transaction detail needed for daily operations, month-end/quarter-end close, and audits.
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as the role advances and the company scales.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 3+ years of experience
- Experience in working with or auditing stock-based compensation areas
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and are comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual who is able to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize various tasks and/or projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Big 4 or public accounting experience is preferred
- Experience working in NetSuite or other similar SaaS based ERP systems.
- Experience with Fidelity platform and Workday
- CPA preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.