Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that business activity and transactions related to the Fintech business line are properly accounted for in our financial statements.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Prepare month-end journal entries and supporting schedules related to the Fintech business lines.
- Review current accounting processes and implement improvements to gain efficiencies and help reduce time spent on the monthly close and reporting cycle.
- Assist in system implementations and oversee ongoing communications between Accounting, Operations, System Development, and third party.
- Partner with the business to learn about new and existing Fintech product offerings and partnerships in order to evaluate the operational and technical accounting impacts.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders including Finance, Product, Legal, and external auditors to support product launches.
- Continuously improve Accounting processes, systems, and enhance documentation and internal controls.
- Partner with the Finance teams to investigate variances between actual results and forecasts and assist in the planning process as needed.
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an emphasis on quality
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to manufacture and analyze large sets of data
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- CPA licensed
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting in the Fintech industry
- Public accounting background, Big 4 Firm preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].