Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Aera is seeking a Senior, Developer Support Engineer. This individual will be a member of the team that helps customers solve technical issues for our cloud-based analytics application. The role calls for a team player, self-learner, and enthusiastic person. This customer-facing position requires strong communication skills, troubleshooting and excellent problem-solving skills. This role could be ideal for someone with a QA or development background who would like to step into a customer-facing opportunity.
We are interested in considering every qualified candidate eligible to work in the United States. However, at present, we are not able to sponsor visas. The appropriate candidate will be based in Central or Eastern time zones.
- Quickly learn the functional aspects of the Company product line
- Work on customer reported issues by interacting with various teams including QA, App Development, Engineering and Product Management
- Gather information systematically and efficiently perform root cause analysis
- Communicate with customers on the status of issues and project items and being responsible of the ticket life-cycle
- Responsible for respecting the defined SLA’s we have with each customer
- Develop knowledge base articles for the use of internal team
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience with log analysis and performance troubleshooting in Unix
- 1+ year of experience of SQL, DB performance analysis and optimization
- Experience working in a start-up software company is a strong advantage
- Expertise in Business Intelligence software preferred : ETL, data-warehouse concepts
- On- and offshore coordination and communication
- Very eager to dig into technical support issues to figure out the root cause so the issue will not recur
- Bring a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude to the office and your customers everyday
Nice to Have
- Background in Java programming – is a plus.
- Knowledge or Experience with Application servers
- Experience with SSO, REST API
- Knowledge of the following tools is preferred – ZenDesk, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket ( or similar )
- Understanding of 3 tier application architecture
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms, AWS is a plus
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, vision and dental plans, a 401K plan, flexible paid time off, remote work reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.