As a DevOps Engineer at GoPro, you will work broadly across the software development lifecycle. We work alongside development teams to design, build, deploy, secure, and monitor systems that support GoPro devices, and customer-facing solutions like our award-winning mobile apps. We work full-stack, deploying on AWS using tools like Kubernetes, Nginx, Puppet, Terraform, CircleCI, and Datadog.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with development teams working on GoPro’s mobile apps, web services, and online shop
- Write and maintain infrastructure-as-code for AWS (we use Terraform, Helm, and Puppet)
- Configure, troubleshoot, and optimize systems built with ECS, EKS, Lambda, RDS, VPC, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, ALB, and more.
- Proactively monitor performance and stability of our cloud platform serving a global GoPro consumer base
- Develop automated solutions to ensure the security of our infrastructure and our user’s content
- Automate Kubernetes deployment workflows and operations tasks using Helm, CircleCI, and ArgoCD
- Participate in an on-call rotation shared with our European colleagues in a follow-the-sun model
- Collaborate broadly within GoPro to develop cloud-native solutions to diverse business problems
Skills We’re Excited About
- 3+ years working with AWS to develop or operate customer-facing applications with significant scale
- Significant experience with a configuration management tool such as Chef or Puppet
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a collaborative approach. This is a team-player role.
- Solid Linux system administration, troubleshooting and performance analysis skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience managing highly-available, customer-facing environments on AWS or another PaaS
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of containerized microservice deployments
- Kubernetes, ECS, or other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with web service operations – incident triage, response, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Python programming (or another high-level language)
- We love generalists. You should have hands-on skills with at least 50% (75% for Senior level) of the following: Apache, Nginx, Memcached, Redis, ElasticSearch, CDNs, Hadoop, Docker, AWS Lambda, Vagrant, Network Analysis Tools, Linux, NFS, Glusterfs, AWS APIs and CLI Tools, EC2 Autoscaling, Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins, Haproxy, Git, SVN, DNS, HTTP Headers, HTTP Caching, SSL, RESTFUL APIs, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, Nagios, Graphite, Cassandra, MongoDB, Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Saltstack
- Professional software development experience is a plus
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $117,725-$138,500.