Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast’s Restaurant R&D teams build products that allow restaurant staff to do what they love: provide great food and service to their guests. Every day, thousands of servers, hosts, bartenders, and chefs use our products to serve millions of guests!
The Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to provide the cloud native infrastructure, automation and tools that enable teams across Toast to deliver products in a safe, secure and agile manner, with minimal operational dependencies.
As a Sr. Director of Engineering in the Infrastructure group, you will help shape the scale and growth of Toast's cloud platform, and systems infrastructure. You will influence technical direction through insight and experience, and will contribute to the technical roadmap for the evolution of our products and services. You will grow the skills of your teams and lead them to become more effective & efficient. You are passionate about the cloud, highly available and scalable systems infrastructure. On a given day, you might be reviewing solution designs, coordinating discussions between partner teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Reports to the Chief Architect and leads a team of 30+ engineers focusing on scaling in the cloud, cloud native automation, IaC, networking and compliance
- Drives delivery of business outcomes across multiple teams, including planning and execution
- Collaborates closely with our customers, the engineering teams
- Ensures end-to-end delivery of solutions, including ownership and operation of our cloud environments
- Defines & supports career development plans for your team
- Mentors and coaches both new and experienced Engineering Managers & Team Leads
- Grows teams to meet business needs
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience hiring and developing empowered teams
- Experience building and operating cloud native software in AWS or other public clouds
- Experience managing and building cloud native systems infrastructure
- A proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
- Manage local and remote development teams
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.