Location: Remote USA. This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
As the leader of this team, you are responsible for setting the strategic direction for software at GoPro, creating the team to execute that strategy and deliver new software products that will delight our customers. The ideal candidate brings a passion for consumer products, deep knowledge of end-to-end software development, and a broad skill set to help launch features and content for our consumer facing software product portfolio. This role works cross functionally with design, product, data analytics, and engineering to support ideation, creation, coordinate deliverables, and launch of new software products. Candidates will bring the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize complex software environments with a focus on monetization and customer experience.
What You Will Do
- Define: Define a clear software roadmap and strategy to support short and long-term goals of the business.
- Identify: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to our software products and monitor trends and benchmarks to better serve our customers.
- Lead: Bring your passion of software to your team and the broader organization. Show deep curiosity and inquisitiveness about customers’ needs with an eye on driving software product execution across GoPro.
- Own: Be the Product Management champion to drive software execution across your team and the organization.
- Innovate: Evaluate data and feedback from customer insights team to further iterate and evolve our product roadmap.
- Influence: Partner with key stakeholders across the organization including Engineering, Product, Sales and E-commerce.
- Partner: Collaborate with different teams to drive monetization strategies, increase efficiency and revenue, develop promotional strategies, run experiments, identify opportunities, and provide monetization reporting.
- Communicate: Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
Skills We’re Excited About
- 15+ years of professional experience as a product manager, preferably with consumer-oriented software products.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, preferably product with strong ability to attract and hire great team members.
- Expertise and experience with content creation and management software products. This includes manual non-linear editors and automated, AI-driven, systems for editing raw footage.
- Business or Engineering bachelors’ degree, post-graduate a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing and monetizing software applications.
- Experienced working in an Agile development environment.
- Demonstrated P&L accountability; knows the basics of a financial model.
- Demonstrated ownership of complex and innovative software features and complete experiences.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Is fanatical about providing excellent customer service and value to the customer.
- Able to work closely with and incorporate feedback from engineers and product managers.
- Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $211,650 – $345,000. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.