GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
Within the Camera Technology Team, you will join a team of experts in embedded software development and evolve in an innovative, dynamic, passionate and international environment. You will be involved in the design, development, optimization and testing of many innovative disruptive features targeted for future releases of GoPro products.
- Your main activities will deal with design, architecture, implementation, integration, optimization and validation of technical features on versatile and heterogeneous platforms.
- You will have to apprehend the entire SoC components (DsP, CPUs, CNN, IPs, encoder…) to integrate new features.
- You will handle non-regression and testing proficiency all along the development life.
- Working directly with algorithms team, you will prototype new features on various platforms for internal proof of embeddability or for demonstrating the value of the proposal to the marketing team.
- You will evolve within a cross functional team organization to bring-up innovations as a real camera product.
- You are expected to be a technical animator.
- You will report to the firmware director.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years of significant embedded software development and integration
- Technical English and French practice
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
- Deep knowledge and understanding on embedded system (software and hardware architecture)
- GIT is your friend
- Strong Low-level C and C++
- Scripting languages (shell and Python at least)
- Object oriented programming languages (C++ at least)
- Linux and GNU tools are your daily working environment
- Cross development tools (compilation and debug)
- As a plus:
- SIMD like NEON for ARM
- DSP / CNN programming
- Technical Imaging knowledges
- Familiar with agile principles
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Fully stocked fridges with snacks galore;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro);
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.