Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
We are seeking a Sr. Data Science Manager to lead the newly established Data Science team in Bangalore to support Toast’s global R&D growth. As Data Science leader on this team, you and your team will be working with a huge reservoir of point of sale transaction data to unearth unique insights to back strategic recommendations for our customers. You will lead the development of statistical and machine learning models, working closely with machine learning engineers to implement these models at scale. You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You love finding ways to help your teams become more efficient. You connect your teams’ work to Toast’s broader mission. You are interested in the technical work and have enough experience and judgment to ensure that data scientists are moving in the right direction. On a given day, you might be reviewing design documents and PRs, coordinating discussions between teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s with team members.
About this Roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Drive delivery of business outcome for data science, including planning and execution
- Collaborate closely with internal and external product stakeholders, both technical and non-technical and help translate deep machine learning knowledge to product applications
- Keep data science model quality high in collaboration with Data Science and Engineering team across the global
- Ensure end-to-end delivery of data science solutions, including team ownership of monitoring model performance and production issues
- Coach individuals in professional and technical development to set up for their success
- Hire and mentor Team Leads and Senior Technical Staff members to ensure their success at Toast
- Continuing to grow and expand the Bangalore Data Science team to address business needs through active recruitment
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering or other equivalent quantitative disciplines
- 5+ years of managing, coaching and growing successful Data Science team
- 8+ years of experience as a data scientist, applied scientist, research scientist or equivalent data analytics role
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to evaluate new Machine Learning opportunities
- Strong knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics and machine learning
- Prior Experience in quantitative analysis or applied statistics in an engineering setting including experience with SQL, Python and data science/deep learning libraries (e.g. scikit, Tensorflow)
- Prior success leading the deployment of end-to-end machine learning solutions in large-scale production environments
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Passion for research and curiosity that calls you to go beyond “good enough” to create something innovative and exciting
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.