Location: Flexible (San Mateo, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
Be part of an Exciting and Dynamic Team that is responsible for the Core Firmware of the most Versatile Action Camera in the World.
What You Will Do
- Lead firmware development efforts on GoPro's next generation camera platforms
- Lead and collaborate on system architecture tasks
- Work closely with the local and overseas firmware teams to guide and coordinate the firmware development effort based on defined architecture
- Work closely with hardware team and chip vendors to validate hardware
- Hands-on coding and maintaining existing C code
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelors OR Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing embedded software/firmware
- Expert C programming experience
- Hands on experience with embedded operating systems (Linux, VxWorks, Nucleus, ThreadX, uITRON, FreeRTOS etc.)
- Good understanding of tasks, threads, inter-process communications, semaphore and other embedded operating system concepts
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: I2C, I2S, SPI, SDIO, JTAG, UART, MCU, USB, etc.
- Hands on experience with firmware build, release process, and tools (git, make, waf, Jenkins, etc.)
Bonus Points For
- Imaging Processing Pipeline and Algorithm knowledge
- Audio Processing techniques
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $130,050 – $175,950 Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.