Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. Our teams operate much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way. In this unique role, you will be one of the founding engineers on one of our New Venture teams.
We launched Toast.org in 2018 to further our shared purpose of enhancing the food experience for all and to solve critical issues in the food ecosystem that impact communities around the world. As the philanthropic branch of Toast, Toast.org is uniquely positioned to galvanize people to participate in community service, support charitable organizations and restaurants making a difference, and create products that improve the food landscape. Our goal is to deploy our people, our products and our philanthropy to create a healthier, greener and more equitable world and to do so in a uniquely Toast way.
On the New Ventures Toast.org team, we’re thinking about how products can have a social impact on the entire restaurant industry. Our mission is to enrich the food experience for all through a repeatable innovation engine. We’re planning on tackling big problems facing the food ecosystem. If you’re interested in developing solutions to help the food insecure, support restaurant communities, and reduce food waste then this is the role for you. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Senior Front End Software Engineer to help us build a brand new business and social impact products from the ground up.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the leads to identify high-impact opportunities
- Plan, scope and rapidly prototype solutions using a combination of web technologies
- Make technical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our strategy
- Stay in tune with customer needs by participating in user interviews and research
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications using JS frameworks such as React or Angular
- Familiarity implementing designs provided by high-fidelity UX mocks in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- Comfortable with testing methodologies and frameworks
- High standards and an eye for detail
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
THIS ROLE IS 100% REMOTE ELIGIBLE
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.