Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our newly formed Account Team in Dublin where our mission is to drive 100% of account management activities via self-service. This team will enable our customers to manage their user and restaurant profile data, manage their restaurant subscriptions/purchases as well as their financial account information and billing/invoice activities. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, product data analysts, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current front-end stack while writing world-class applications
- Championing best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Participating in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in modern web standards and technologies (e.g. HTML5, React, GraphQL, Tailwind, single-spa), and can apply them to build fully responsive web pages
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience building or working with a Design System
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
- Various peer and company recognition programs
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Toast employs a Micro Frontend architecture using individually deployed single-page applications across our web experience. Toast is building apps on a foundation of React, GraphQL (Apollo) and Tailwind with Jest/React Testing Library for testing. SPAs are bundled with Webpack and built via Jenkins. Recently we have started to expand our frontend stack, using single-spa to combine separate applications into shared experiences. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.