Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team is headquartered in San Francisco with additional hubs in Indianapolis, Washington DC, Berlin, Dublin, and UK.
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation system. We invest in and prioritize both workflow (i.e., usability and interface design) and backend NLP/AI systems. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting multi-region cloud engineering problems to solve. We have a strong preference for building our own AI technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest techniques and ideas.
What you’ll do
In collaboration with the Engineering Manager and Engineering teams, the Senior Backend Engineer will be implementing and working on automating and improving Service Manager and Translator Service Manager efficiency. They will be helping to automate routine and monotonous tasks. They will develop our back-end services, which perform large- and small-scale data processing tasks like automating assignment of the tasks to the translators, audits programs and other automation tasks.
This role will work from Indianapolis Location this role be expected to work in the office in a hybrid capacity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, build and improve scalable systems that connect to many services & data sources
- Apply your engineering experience to implement new features that will enable our Services team and increase the automation of the processes
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues, helping them to grow their technical skills
- Keep the technical excellence bar high, contributing to code quality, doing code reviews, increasing test coverage, etc.
- Partner with product team and help to decompose huge business requirements into smaller deliverables
Successful candidates will have:
- 4+ years of software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including, but not limited to, Java
- Great problem solving abilities
- Interest in AI technologies
What we offer
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via the Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
All US employees are required to be vaccinated per Lilt's Company policy (some exceptions may apply).
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.